Narcissistic? Well, sue me! I was once asked to describe myself in one word and what I could come up with is introvert. Quite cliché, don’t you think? Well, I had to come up with random facts about myself to give me options.
- I’m a sucker for good grammar and punctuations, especially when reading. I can’t stand those who use ‘am’ instead of ‘I’m’; ‘loose’ instead of ‘lose’, ‘your’ instead of ‘you’re’ or ‘their’ instead of ‘there’. I might just punch you in the throat.
- I used to think the concept of celebrity crush is nonsense but I have 2 of those now 🙈. They’re Janelle Monae and Sanaa Lathan.
- There are 3 songs I rarely skip on my playlist- Captains and Cruise Ships (Owl City), Vivid Imagination (K1 de Ultimate) and House on Fire (Sia).
- Chip off the Old block: I’ve lost count of the number of times I have been told this. Even my barber told me this yesterday, despite the fact that he has never seen me with my dad before! Few years ago, a man I had never met before and who had never met me too asked if I was Mr Femi’s son. Quite creepy!
- I’m a movie junkie. Sometimes, what gets me through a bumpy day is the fact that I have unwatched movies on my laptop. My favourite series is How I Met Your Mother.
- The first feature I notice on a woman is the stomach. I love flat stomachs.
- I’m usually unmotivated and unproductive when my space is invaded.
Oh! You’ll be visiting? That’s fine, but when will you be leaving?
- When I can, I cherish a 10-minute time of silence every morning.
- I’m a lover of dark rooms. Bright lights freak me out.
- When I was younger, I had 2 contrasting nicknames- Gentleman and Ekun.
- Sometimes, I get the urge to get lost. When I get bored, I take a hike into hitherto unchartered territories.
- I believe pizza is overrated and semo is thrash.
- The oldest piece of clothing I have is a 16 year old jacket. Classic case of ‘You-Will-Grow-Into-It’.
- If it’s not beef, fish or FRIED chicken, count me out.
- One day, I would love to have either a cat or a monkey as a pet.
- Sometimes, what gets me through a rough week is the knowledge that there is a Manchester United match in the weekend.
- It was a few months to my 8th birthday when my paternal grandmother died. I was disturbed when she was referred to as ‘late’. I thought anyone who was late would be punished. No thanks to latecomers in school.
- I am allergic to dust.
- I have a mild OCD. It leans more towards compulsion than obsession though. I haven’t told anyone this before.
- It requires much for me to get angry, but I can be vindictive when I am. I’m still a work in progress in this department.
Do we have anything in common? Share them below.